Friday, June 29, 2012

Sesame Street Throw Pillows

According to his mom, my husband has always loved Sesame Street, and Bert is his favorite character. We were cleaning out our closet recently and he was bemoaning the fact that he ought to get rid of his too-large yet beloved Bert t-shirt since he never wears it.  I suggested that I make it into a throw pillow for his new, eclectic office.

Before: t-shirts


He was so excited when he found a 2nd t-shirt at a thrift store with Oscar's face! I sewed them up as a late Father's Day present, and they look great in his new office!  I put a zipper at the bottom so they're washable (and I decided that I need a zipper foot for my sewing machine... it would make things a lot simpler.).

 After: throw pillows




Fun!  They fit in perfectly!  This may start a trend for us... making t-shirts into pillows.  My husband has quite  a t-shirt collection.


2 comments: